Thursday 18 February 2016

Reds win finale vs. Stros/Edwin sent down

I was busy at work today but I knew it was a good day for the Reds due to the ammount of fireworks I could hear from my desk. The Reds avoided being swept by Houston with a 9-5 win today. The offensive stars were Ken Griffey Junior and Adam Dunn who both homered and Dunn even had a triple. Aaron Harang got his 5th win of the season by going 6 2/3 IP with 2 K's and gave up 5 ER. The Reds will now hit the road and face the Dodgers.

The other big news of today is the Reds have sent down 3B Edwin Encarnacion and brought up IF Jeff Keppinger. This is off the heels of a two error game by Edwin that resulted in 3 runs for Houston. I am a big Edwin fan, but this is the correct move. He has had many problems in the field and at the plate so far this year and its obvious he lacked confidence in himself. Edwin is still young and a hard worker so I think he will be ok and back to being one of the best young third basemen in the MLB.

No comments:

Post a Comment